Fully retained search: Job Title – VP Business Strategy
Supervisor: Management Committee (CEO and President)
Location: Texas (remote OK)
Client will manufacture high temperature superconducting wire (HTS) at disruptively low cost with a very
scalable process: first full scale production line is being constructed now – roughly doubling world
capacity of magnet wire. They are preparing to build much more capacity at the next stage, reaching
billions of dollars per year in revenue.
A world leader in vapor deposition manufacture of advanced materials invested ~$3M of their
process expertise assessing client technology and preparing for launch (reports available to short listed
HTS wire enables transformative changes to our energy system: HTS cables simplify expansion of the grid
for energy transitions. They are in use today and are expected to make up 20% of global high capacity
power cables by 2030. HTS also unlocks a step function improvement in MRI’s and it is a key requirement
for the compact fusion magnet that Commonwealth Fusion Systems recently tested.
VP Business Strategy
Client faces dramatic growth and this role will add to that trajectory by developing understanding a large
ecosystem of opportunities associated with advanced motors, generators, cables, and more. The
candidate will develop actionable insights, strategies and transactions. Joining the client leadership team requires commitment to HTS changing the way the world uses electricity and building scale for meaningful and health improvements. The candidate must be ready to execute as the opportunities develop.
• Develop deep understanding about 2-4 industry segments that are either adjacent to or
downstream of HTS wire manufacture. Develop strategies for client posture.
• Develop content for a compelling pitch deck for the client series B. (The deck will be put
together by others – the content is what requires this level of competence.)
• Develop and implement transactions.
Qualifications and Skills
• 2+ years of business consulting experience as an MBA at a top tier firm.
• Understanding of available data sources and how to develop synthetic or other data analytics
that “proxy” when reliable data is not available.
• Leadership capability for transaction teamwork and with new business spinouts.
• Just do it environment – at the inflection point client needs hands on work and leadership.
• Commitment to the twin missions of significant ESG and company valuation.
New Client Requirements:
* Big Four Accounting Consulting Firm: Manager, Financial Due Diligence (Healthcare). Candidate needed in Chicago, New York, McLean, Denver, Dallas, and San Francisco. 5 years experienced needed with a Top Tier public accounting firm. Salary range: $130,000 to $155,000
* Director in Financial Management National financial consulting firm likes to see candidates with Technical Accounting, 10 Q, 10K, IPO Readiness, SEC Reporting Experience. Must have a network in the location they are applying for so they can build out the practice and bring in new clients/revenue. $180,000 + $40,000 bonus. Openings in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles / San Francisco Metro areas.
* Director in Transaction Advisory 10 years of Transaction Advisory experience, M&A, Buy Side and Sell Side, Carve out, spin off, Deal, Due Diligence, QOE, experience. Must have a network in the location they are applying for so they can build out the practice and bring in new business.
$180,000 + $40,000 bonus Openings in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles / San Francisco Metro areas.
* CFO Advisory – Director level $170-175,000 + $30,000 bonus All major US cities.
* Manager in Financial Management with heavy heavy SEC Reporting experience) – Technical Accounting, 10 Q, 10K, IPO Readiness, SEC Reporting experience. Need this person to be strong in SEC Reporting. $100,000 – $125,000 base salary plus bonus. All major US cities.